Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is my password?
How do I join/subscribe to a community?
What and where are all the email delivery options?
How do I leave a community or unsubscribe from a discussion?
How do I respond to others’ posts?
I’m having trouble viewing email messages. How do I fix this?
Can I search for posts across all the communities?
How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a community?
How do I update my contact information?
What is the blue bar on the My Account tab?
How do I control what information is visible in my PhyzForum profile?
How do I change the information showing up in my signature block?
How do I find other members?
How do I add contacts to my contact list?
Why should I add contacts to my contact list?
What is a library and how do I access a particular library?
How do I upload a document?
What kind of documents can I upload?
You will use the same username (your email address) and password that you use to log in to www.aapmr.org. If you have forgotten your password or need assistance with your login information, contact email@example.com. You can also reset your password by clicking “Forgot my password” on the login page.
Go to “Communities” in the top green navigation bar, then “All Communities”. You will be taken to a list of all the Communities that you can join. Select one and click the orange “Join” button on the right. Then choose a delivery option for emails (see below for your options).
- When you are logged into PhyzForum, click the dropdown arrow on the top right of the page.
- Select “Profile”
- Select the “My Account” dropdown and click “Community Notifications”
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
| Notification Type
| Real Time:
|| Receive an email each time a message is posted to that discussion.
| Daily Digest:
|| Receive one email including all the posts from that day (nothing posted, no digest)
| No Email:
|| No longer receive emails from the community, but they can still login and post a message
| Consolidated Daily Digest:
|| Select 2 or more communities to consolidate all the posts from that day into an email
| Consolidated Weekly Digest:
|| Select 2 or more communities to consolidate all the posts from that week into an email
- When you are logged into PhyzForum, click the “My Account” dropdown arrow on the top right of the page.
- Select “Communities”
- Select the community you would like to unsubscribe to, except the All Member Community, and click the “Settings” button at the top of the page next to the title. A drop will appear and under “Status” it will notify you that you are currently a member of the community. You will need to click on “Leave Community” and a pop-up will ask you to confirm that you would like to remove your membership from the selected community. You will get a message confirming that your subscription options have been successfully updated. This can take several seconds if you change your settings for several groups at the same time.
You will not be able to unsubscribe from the All Member Community but you will be able to disable receiving any emails from this community. To do so you will need to edit your subscription settings within your profile:
- Go to My Account on the upper right hand corner of the page
- Select “Profile”
- Select "My Account" in your profile options
- In the dropdown menu select "Community Notifications"
- Go to the All Member Community
- Select "No Email" option under Discussion emails
When you select this option you will no longer receive any emails regarding this community.
Click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community (an alternative is “Reply to Sender” which only sends your message directly to the sender); both links are located to the right of the post on the email and on the site. We recommend only replying to the sender for simple comments like “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion.
This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you experience other challenges, please contact your Member Service Team member via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via phone (877) 227-6799, 8:30 am-5 pm, CST, Monday – Friday.
Yes. You can search based on keywords in the posts, search all or specific forums in the search box in the green navigation bar.
Go to “Browse” in the top green navigation bar, then “Discussion Posts”. If you see post you’re interested in, click the thread subject line which will take you to the entire thread. “Show original message” at the bottom of all of the posts in a thread will display the original message that started that discussion. The “Author’s Messages” link will show you all of the posts that particular member has contributed to the discussion.
You can also view postings by date by clicking the link in the middle of the page.
- Once logged into PhyzForum, click on the dropdown arrow on the top right of the page.
- Select “Profile”
- Select the orange “Go Edit Your AAPM&R Profile”
Note: Edits made to your profile will be reflected on PhyzForum in about 30 minutes. You can also log in to the AAPM&R website and edit your profile by clicking “My Account” at the top of the page.
The blue bar shows a member “profile completeness bar” that shows how close you are to completing your profile. Several items also factor into the percent of completeness, including creating a new post, replying to a post, updating your profile information as well as updating your photo.
- In PhyzForum, click the dropdown arrow on the top right of the page.
- Select “Profile”
- Select the “My Account” dropdown and click “Privacy Settings”
This will let you control what information is visible to whom. After you’ve made changes, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. In addition, you can also remove your visibility in the Contact Search by selecting “Yes or No” at the top of the list. Note that this will also exclude you from the AAPM&R Member Directory and the Find A PM&R Physician Directory. Note: Although there is a “Public” option, all information is only visible to AAPM&R members, as login is required.
We have set a default signature, but if you would like to change the information that appears or the order in which it appears, click “My Profile” > “My Account” > “Discussion Signature”. You can add, delete or reorganize the fields that show up in your signature by clicking the variables on the right-hand side of the screen. Make sure to include spaces between each of the variables! Please note that the content of these fields is pulled directly from your profile, so if you want to change the information itself, you will need to make the change to your actual profile.
Click the “Contact Search” link found in the green navigation bar. This function lets you search for other Academy members based on:
- First or Last name
- Company Name
- Email Address
“Advanced Search” allows for additional search parameters, including:
- Community Type
- Community Name
There are several ways to add contacts to your list. When you perform a search in the ’Contact Search,’ you will see an “Add as Contact” link to the right of the results page in your search results. Just click this link to send a contact request. Or, you can click through and view someone’s profile, then can click the “Add as Contact” button to the right of their profile picture.
Creating this virtual address book makes it easy to send your contacts messages through the system to stay in touch or ask questions. Additionally, when you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common with them.
The library is a knowledge repository. Libraries allow members to collect, store and organize your documents. Members are also able to load presentations, spreadsheets, audio/video files, and photos. The library allows members to easily submit content as well as rate, comment, and add to existing library entries of communities which you have access to.
Select “Browse” in the main menu, then “Library Entries”. On that page, click the orange button “Create New Library Entry” on the right. You can also find the button on the home page of a community. Please note that creating a new library entry is done in a few steps and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:
- Choose a title for your document, include a description (optional)
- Select the library to which you’d like to upload it
- Choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files) and choose an owner (this is optional, but including your name is recommended)
- Click “Next” to select and upload your file.
- Once you have confirmed that you uploaded the correct document(s), click “Next”.
- You can include a description of your document.
- You can ignore the “Tag your entry” section.
- Click “Finish”
The system supports multiple file types including copyright licensed file(s), hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Webinars, and YouTube videos.